Old October 11th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Probably stupid routing question - London, Cambridge and Norwich

wrote:

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
you should
check (I'm not on line at the moment, so can't). Also look into the
Anglia Ranger, or whatever it's called now, which is valid from
Cambridge to Norwich and puts a cap on off-peak fares.

The Anglia Ranger/Rover thingie is a day ticket (ten quid I think) so
would be ideal if you weren't staying the night in Norwich. But if you
are, it may not help much. There was talk of a five quid print-your-own
online fare from Cambridge to Liverpool St (or maybe Tottenham Hale in
your case).

Print@Home tickets - see https://www.printtraintickets.com/ or
https://www.printtraintickets.com/one for the 'one' specific site.

Though getting off early at Tottenham Hale would be against the rules -
though you could well get away with it as long as there's not any RPIs
there. There doesn't appear to be any specific restriction about using
a bike with a Print@Home ticket, but I dunno what the story is with
regards to bikes on 'one' trains from Cambridge to London - if you need
a reservation they might not give you one if you've got this cheap
ticket, however there appears to be nothing in the T&Cs about cycles.

(Every time I read, write or hear the absurd name of that train company
I imagine the absurd National Express Group board meeting where the
directors approved the name following a persuasive presentation by some
hyper-ambitious self promoting over-compensated brand consultants who'd
spent no time considering how it would work - or not work - in the real
world. I guess the 'Operated by National Express' explanation appealed
to their vanity, and that - combined with the idea that 'one' was
unifying three old franchises - meant that they thought it was a
clever, tricksy name. But in the real world it's just ridiculous.)

-----
BBC News - "Rail firm's 'one' confusing name"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3686593.stm