Old October 11th 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Congested cul-de-sacs

John Rowland wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

From the maps on the cclondon website, it looks like the western
extension will include a number of cul-de-sacs, and similar, off the
inside of the cordon, for instance Blantyre Street, Childs Street,
Redfield Lane, Lawrence Street, Embankment Gardens etc. I find this
hard to understand. How much does each camera cost? Since Childs
Street contains nothing but houses, all of whose residents will
qualify for the exemption, I wonder how long it will take the Childs
Street camera to pay for itself, or whether it will ever pay for
itself.

You might have a point - that said, doing it this way creates
uniformity and clarity.

One thing that I was never sure about was whether it would be possible
to get on the Westway from Edgware Road without going into the zone -
thankfully I see this can be done by going via Praed Street -
Eastbourne Terrace - Bishops Bridge Road etc.

It is shorter via Harrow Road and Bishops Bridge.

I'm not sure why Eastbourne Terrace and Praed St are outside the zone.

Good point, hadn't thought of that (not used to the Bridge being open
again!). Possibly those streets are exempt to allow 'free' access to
Paddington station and St. Mary's hospital.