Old October 11th 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

TfL's cycle maps, which are basically the A-Z printed as sheets
(ignore the coloured highlighting if you're on foot), are better,
and certainly excellent for the price.

Where are they available? I've never seen anything on sale. I don't find
the web version easy to follow or offering very useful cycling routes
either.

They're free. Many Underground stations leaflet racks had the relevant
maps for their area plus possibly the surrounding areas as well, I also
saw them at libraries and other public buildings, a few NR stations and
possibly the TfL travel info centres. However I don't see them so often
now, perhaps because stocks are running low - the 2004 is the current &
second edition, I think the first editions came out in 2001.

But you'll be pleased to hear you can order them free online from TfL -
they'll post them to you:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/routes/...e-guides.shtml

There are 19 in total, and (I think) each has a detailed map of central
London routes on the reverse. I suspect that should one ask for all 19
or for an unreasonable number of duplicates then they might not be
forthcoming.

The maps are produced in association with the London Cycling
Campaign...
http://www.lcc.org.uk/
....a splendid organisation of which I've been a membver for years and
thoroughly recommend to anyone who has a bike and might ever use it in
the metropolis.