Old October 12th 06, 07:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

In article . com,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

TfL's cycle maps, which are basically the A-Z printed as sheets
(ignore the coloured highlighting if you're on foot), are
better, and certainly excellent for the price.

Where are they available? I've never seen anything on sale. I
don't find the web version easy to follow or offering very useful
cycling routes either.

They're free. Many Underground stations leaflet racks had the
relevant maps for their area plus possibly the surrounding areas as
well, I also saw them at libraries and other public buildings, a few
NR stations and possibly the TfL travel info centres. However I don't
see them so often now, perhaps because stocks are running low - the
2004 is the current & second edition, I think the first editions came
out in 2001.

But you'll be pleased to hear you can order them free online from
TfL - they'll post them to you:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycles/routes/...e-guides.shtml

There are 19 in total, and (I think) each has a detailed map of
central London routes on the reverse. I suspect that should one ask
for all 19 or for an unreasonable number of duplicates then they might
not be forthcoming.

The maps are produced in association with the London Cycling
Campaign...
http://www.lcc.org.uk/
...a splendid organisation of which I've been a membver for years
and thoroughly recommend to anyone who has a bike and might ever use it
in the metropolis.

Thanks. None of the guides claim to cover Putney I see. I've ordered 10
and 14, one of which appears to cover it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel