Old October 12th 06, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Can I buy myself a discounted Network Railcard?

John B wrote:

wrote:

Barry Salter wrote:
You only get one "Partner's Card" (or Gold Card Network Railcard to give
it its proper title) per Gold Card, and your Gold Card *should* be
endorsed on the back when that's issued.

As far as I'm aware, to all intents and purposes the "Partner's Card"
terminology that Network South East introduced for use with regards to
the offer of a discounted Network Card for the 'partners' of Gold Card
holders has died out. There used to be a special "Partner's Card"
ticket stock used as well, but this stopped a few years ago (not sure
when).

That's interesting, because at a major London terminal this morning I
bought two Network Railcards marked "Network Gold Card" at the same
time (paid with a £2 coin!) with different names on them, and the
member of staff only a glance at my Gold Card - no endorsement.

Definitely not in the rules! You should only be able to buy a single
discounted (i.e. £1) Network Railcard per Gold Card. I wouldn't be
surprised by ticket offices not endorsing the Gold Card when they issue
a discounted Network Railcard, but I'm surprised they issued you with
two - in fact I'm surprised you asked. I presume you were just trying
it on?!

...in which case, your best bet is to try and buy yourself the Network
Railcard at a couple of stations; most likely someone will sell you one
irrespective of the official rules.

I detect an illicit business opportunity here!