Old October 12th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] lukeross@gmail.com is offline

Default Can I buy myself a discounted Network Railcard?

Hi,

Mizter T wrote:

Definitely not in the rules! You should only be able to buy a single
discounted (i.e. £1) Network Railcard per Gold Card. I wouldn't be
surprised by ticket offices not endorsing the Gold Card when they issue
a discounted Network Railcard, but I'm surprised they issued you with
two - in fact I'm surprised you asked. I presume you were just trying
it on?!

Until the replies in this thread I was under the (incorrect) impression
that buying several was perfectly legitimate. I'd read the TfL fares
guide and the "buy a Network Railcard for a relative or friend" had
merged in my brain with "Travelcards for friends and family at an adult
reduced price" which had given me this idea. I'd probably have been
clearer if it had said something like "partner or close relative"
rather than "friend".

I detect an illicit business opportunity here!

I did wonder why said business opportunity wasn't being milked by all
and sundry!

Yes, my interpretation above looks a bit stupid in the cold light of
day, but previously I'd only taken a quick glance at the fares guide.

Luke