Old October 12th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Walthamstow was Gold card switch from paper to Oyster?

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:06:41 +0100, Dave Newt
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

As she bought it from a National Rail ticket office she can't have it
swapped onto an Oyster card as NR ticket offices by and large don't
issue Travelcards loaded on Oyster - and no 'one' station does (various
TfL literature has claimed that Walthamstow Central does, but IIRC it's
been established on this group that that information is incorrect).

Slight update:

One window (on the bus station side) of the 'one' ticket office I
*think* now says it has Oyster (if I read the sign correctly this morning).

You would be correct that there is such a sign. Whether the window
actually can issue Oyster cards I do wonder about. Quite why only one
window is so equipped I do not know - it is also the window that is most
often shut!

Also, they have installed (in the same area) a TFL Quick Ticket (credit
card Oyster) machine. This is now installed and switched on but doesn't
seem be actually have been commissioned into service yet.

Indeed - I was somewhat gobsmacked when that materialised.

And the tobacconist (one of the three Ticket Stops recommended by TFL)
is still shut for refurb.

Getting better slowly.

I wonder what the poor staff (both LU and One) are having to put with
though. When the changes to Oyster pre-pay "non validation" charges are
introduced in November I do wonder what on earth is going to be done at
Walthamstow. There is no facility to read or reset cards.

I notice we have not had one of our "3,000 police and ticket inspectors
welcome you to Walthamstow days" recently. Can't think why!
--
Paul C