Old October 13th 06, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
ONscotland ONscotland is offline

Default Can I buy myself a discounted Network Railcard?

Does this mean that the Gold Card discounts still apply even if the
holder's annual travelcard has expired?

B.

Ken wrote:
On 12 Oct 2006 03:10:28 -0700, "John B" wrote:

sued.

That's interesting, because at a major London terminal this morning I
bought two Network Railcards marked "Network Gold Card" at the same
time (paid with a £2 coin!) with different names on them, and the
member of staff only a glance at my Gold Card - no endorsement.

...in which case, your best bet is to try and buy yourself the Network
Railcard at a couple of stations; most likely someone will sell you one
irrespective of the official rules.

When I handed in my gold card for a refund the station asked, out of
interest, why I'd done so. Whew I said that I was only travelling
about twice a week, and that often off-peak, they handed me a Network
Railcard application form and suggested I complete it in my own name
and return it with £1 BEFORE I gave them the Gold Card!

Needless to say, I accepted their offer (and later wrote to the TOC
commending the staff, without being too specific).

In summary, rule adherence and checking is not rigorous.