Old October 13th 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Oyster travelcard recharge

wrote:
asdf wrote:
On 11 Oct 2006 13:21:37 -0700,
wrote:

When I asked how else I could have credited my card the station
assistant at Bow Road today said that I'd best queue at the
station ticket office when I want to credit pay as you go! Just
the very thing I am trying to avoid (as others have stated)!

Why not use the machines?

See above. Also, I hardly want to be feeding notes into a machine
which may reject them and cause a whole load of hassle.

The machines also accept cards. Many stations also have an
Oyster-only credit-card-only machine with a much shorter queue.

Yes, okay even if the queue was small etc., there MUST be a valid
method of me topping up by paying online. Otherwise, how am I
supposed to avail myself of the online advantage of having a record
of journeys made which, if I understand it correctly, is ONLY
available if I top-up online.

It works on my auto top-up card. I suspect it works on any card that
you have registered on your online account.
--
Richard J.