Old October 14th 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Probably stupid routing question - London, Cambridge and Norwich

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Tom Anderson wrote:

If i buy a ticket from London to Norwich, can i go via Cambridge, and,
if it's a standard open return, can i break my journey there on both
legs?

And the outcome of all this is that i've decided ...

.... not to to go Norwich.

It would have been for a party where i wouldn't have known most of the
people, and which would have left me too knackered to make good use of the
sunday i'll be spending with my girlfriend. So quite silly.

Thanks for all the input, though! This Anglia Rover business is worth
knowing about, and i am happy to understand the FCC restrictions better.

tom

--
the meaning is the illocutionary force of interrogativeness with no
propositional content -- Geoffrey K. Pullum