Old October 9th 03, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default Crossrail and Maryland, the finale

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via Emerson
Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how many extra
trains it would need (although getting the Upminster line back onto the
network would be nice). I think it'd be worth extending it to Barking
though - that would ensure Maryland remained open, and provide services from
Barking (and thus in one connection the Dagenham/Rainham area) to Stratford
and Camden.

Best,
Jonn