Old October 14th 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Howdon David Howdon is offline

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

Mizter T wrote:
BBC News "Bid to make London walk-friendly"

"More than 44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around
London, according to a study by TfL [...]

The most interesting line in this story for me is that there are "A
myriad of confusing pedestrian signs". Admittedly some pedestrian signs
can be a bit confusing but except around the most tourist-y areas it is
hard to think of places where there are a myriad of pedestrian signs of
any sort.

--
Each day a man watched a donkey walk past a high wood fence with one
plank removed. Each day he saw a nose, then the ears, then the neck,