Old October 14th 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Walthamstow was Gold card switch from paper to Oyster?

Paul Corfield wrote:

I notice we have not had one of our "3,000 police and ticket inspectors
welcome you to Walthamstow days" recently. Can't think why!

Actually, funny you mention that, but there was one Thursday or Friday
just gone.

It was FAR more shambolic than usual, with all the inspectors and police
CRAMMED into the area between the gates and escalators, with the net
result of people arriving at the top of the escalators being suddenly
pushed into a huge line of people unable to approach the gates because
there was a throng of inspectors interviewing people right in front of
the gates.

I'm amazed there wasn't a top-of-escalator pile-up of bodies, to be honest.