Old October 17th 06, 03:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] pippa.moran@gmail.com is offline

Default DLR to Charing Cross

MIG wrote:

The the extension of the DLR will assist with creeping privatisation I
suspect, since the DLR isn't run by LU.

But my problem with it is that there would then be stumps at both Tower
Gateway and Bank. Various unpleasant possibilities a

1) One of the stumps closes.

2) There are infrequent or irregular services to each branch.

3) There are truncated journeys with limited patterns.

I know it's a bit like that already, but this could result in an
increased number of changes for existing journeys, despite it
apparently being a new through service. The DLR will effectively be
divided into a number of separate lines, even more than it currently is.

Maybe they could close Tower Gateway and have an station below ground
at Tower Hill on the new Charing X branch? That way the
Circle/District would get a decent connection with the DLR at long last.