Old October 17th 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] ashinmaracaibo@gmail.com is offline

Default Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

sweek wrote:
Just a question about this...
If I travel on the DLR to Heron Quays and get on the Jubilee there, do
I have to touch out at Heron Quays?
Can touching out unnecessarily ever actually cost me out?

And how do I register so I can see my journeys online and check these
things? I already set my account to auto-top-up, but it still doesn't
seem to show me my journey history.

I'm not sure of the layout at Heron Quays (never been there) but is it
like Kings Cross or Marylebone where you touch out of one line, and in
again into another? If so, yes you need to touch out and then in
again, or you'll suffer the pain of the £4 charge, and will not enjoy
the wonderful benefits of price capping throughout the day! This
applies even if the gates are open and unmanned.

As for your second question, I really don't know, your best port of
call is the Oyster Helpdesk (number on the back of your Oyster). I
assume that, as you have auto-topup, you filled in the registration
form when you got the card? They should be able to sort it out for you.