Old October 17th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

In article .com,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article . com,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Nor (again AFAIA) will it cause any problems if you touch-in a
second time, say if you weren't sure if you're first attempt was
successful.

The problem is when you touch in when you should have been using
a paper ticket for the particular journey. There appears to be no
way to undo that mistake at the time. It's easily done if you have
to use a combination of tickets.

I'm not quite sure what you've done but I've certainly touched-in
with an Oyster when I should've used the paper Day Travelcard I'd
bought for that days travels. Probably did that a couple of times but
I've learnt my lesson now - I put my Oyster out of harms way deep in
my wallet, which counter-acts my absent mindedness when I come across
an automatic barrier that wants a ticket - the only ticket to hand is
the right ticket!.

It's harder to make sure you use the right ticket when you need both on
the same day, though.

By the by, I didn't 'undo' those mistakes, they just continued to be
displayed as unresolved journeys for x number of months afterwards.
Of course such a mistake will cost one a lot more now - which is
exactly your point. My point, I guess, is just don't make those kind of
mistakes.

I tried to fix the problem at my destination station (East Putney). I
couldn't because there was no staff visible.

So I tried the next morning both there and at my destination (St James's
Park). They couldn't help me.

Eventually I got through to the helpline who were most helpful and
agreed to credit my credit card.

In all this the records shown at ticket machines for the ticket kept
changing very confusingly. Initially there was no unresolved journey
shown.

--
Colin Rosenstiel