Old October 18th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark W. Shelby Mark W. Shelby is offline

Default Trouble finding a hotel!

Thank you all for the info. We thought the difficulty in finding a
reasonably priced hotel might lie in the fact that Nov. 5th is Guy Fawkes
day. Many spots on the internet indicate this is a busy tourist weekend
similar to the American 4th of July.

I am still truly shocked at the price of London Hotels. Here in the states
we have "tourist class" where one could easily spend $100 to $300 dollars
per night, but we also have "business class" hotels where one could expect
to pay $39 to $79 Dollars per night. (roughly 20 pounds to 40 pounds per
night)

Those business class hotels won't usually advertise in the tourist lists,
but they are out there. I just thought that London would have something
equivalent.

Oh well, looks like we might end up paying a good deal more than we hoped
for a hotel!

"Mark W. Shelby" wrote in message
Hello, the wife and I are coming to London Nov. 2nd...
I am shocked at the price of hotels there!

It seems like every website I look at has "tourist" written all over it.
Is there a local hotel chain that I could contact or is there a better way
find a hotel in London that is not a rip off?

Also, If we stay in a suburb of London is there bus or tube service into
downtown?

Thanks in advance for the info!

--
Mark W. Shelby