Old October 18th 06, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jarle H Knudsen Jarle H Knudsen is offline

Default Trouble finding a hotel!

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:40:41 -0400, Mark W. Shelby wrote:

It seems like every website I look at has "tourist" written all over it. Is
there a local hotel chain that I could contact or is there a better way find
a hotel in London that is not a rip off?

I have used http://www.london-discount-hotel.com/ to book a single room at
St. Giles Hotel. at £70 incl. a decent breakfast. Both me and my sister has
stayed there several times, so we must be satisfied.

The Hotel is ideally placed. Two blocks from Tottenham Court Road Station
and the eastern end of Oxford Street. Sainsburys is across the street.
British Museum, Wagamama and Neal Street are five minutes away. There is a
cinema, pubs and a cheap (chain) restaurant close by.

I would, however, welcome suggestions for a cheaper alternative, as long as
the room is clean and have en-suite bathroom and a breakfast that give you
a good start on the day is served. But perhaps that's dificult to find?

--
jhk