Old October 18th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] ashinmaracaibo@gmail.com is offline

Default Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Mizter T wrote:
First time I've ever heard that - are you sure? A £5 minimum balance
on an Oyster card would be very unpopular (and possibly lacking in
proper legal backing) - which is why I find such a move somewhat
unlikely.

Thats the information I was given today. If anything though it should
provide an improved service, where people don't turn up at a station
unable to top up, and unable to travel because there is no credit.
Which is one of the main benefits of Oyster anyway. Although of course
it won't be beneficial to all, which is a sad fact of any arrangement.

Your comments on NR stations and the limited number of Oyster readers
are quite valid too, and we can only hope the powers that be are
thinking ahead....