Old October 18th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Cunningham Ian Cunningham is offline

Default Trouble finding a hotel!

"Mark W. Shelby" wrote
Hello, the wife and I are coming to London Nov. 2nd...
I am shocked at the price of hotels there!

It seems like every website I look at has "tourist" written all over it.
Is there a local hotel chain that I could contact or is there a better way
find a hotel in London that is not a rip off?

Also, If we stay in a suburb of London is there bus or tube service into
downtown?

Thanks in advance for the info!

As others have said London isn't cheap
I've found http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/ to be very good - some serious
discounts off rack rate

As there's two of you something like an Ibis, Travel Inn or Travelodge would
be ideal as they charge per room not per person.
http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/index.html
http://www.premiertravelinn.com
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/

My preference is Ibis - bit basic but clean, late bar, food available early
to late

There's one at Earls Court, Euston and Wembley (which is a bit out of town
but right beside Wembley Stadium railway station)

Ian