Old October 9th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Crossrail preferred route

"Gary Jenkins" wrote in message
om...

Would it be a realistic long-term
project to lobby for a new tube line starting say
at Sidcup and running through Eltham, Kidbrooke
and Charlton to link with the Jubilee at North
Greenwich or Canary Wharf and then continue through
Hackney to finish at Finsbury Park or Tottenham Hale?

That depends on who you are, but I doubt it.

IMO the best chance for improved transport in Eltham lies in getting a
branch or diversion of Greenwich Waterfront Transit. The current GWT
alignment was cooked up a long time before anyone was talking about sending
Crossrail to the Southeast. I wonder if the business case for the route west
of Woolwich still stacks up? If not, perhaps GWT should run Thamesmead -
Woolwich - Eltham - Bromley ( - Beckenham?) instead.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped