Old October 18th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Sky Rider Sky Rider is offline

Default Thameslink project (i.e. TL2K) gets legal & planning go-ahead

Mizter T wrote:
[crossposted to uk.transport.london and uk.railway]

The Thameslink project now has all the legal powers to start
construction - it just needs someone to agree to pay for it!

According to the BBC a DfT spokesman said that a funding decision
would be made by *next summer*. It's all well and good having the legal
authority to do the work (although I must admit this is a major step
forward, and there will be no need for any further public enquiries and
the like, thank God), but I wouldn't hold my breath.