Old October 18th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Robin Mayes wrote:

A bit of advance warning for those who haven't heard - from November,
if you use pre-pay Oyster, and you fail to touch in or out at any point
of your travels where you're supposed to do so, you will find yourself
being charged £4.00 for the incomplete journey.
All the signs up say this came in on October 10th.

I also saw one of these posters today - I took particular note of it
given the previous discussions here on utl had suggested this change
wasn't coming until November. I'll try and take a snap of one of the
posters tomorrow and post a link here.

Hmm. It's taken me the best part of five minutes to make sense of this
post. After scrolling back a few messages, and back down again, I've
finally tumbled to the fact that some chuff-wit has top posted and left
the previous message completely intact.

Sorry Joyce and MizterT for confusing you with my previous post!

What it should have said was:

"Four stations are currently being trialed regarding the £4.00 charge for
failing to touch in / out"

I forgive you!

Now for the obvious question - do you have a list of those four
stations? Presumably if a person starts their journey (and touches in)
or ends their journey (and touches out) at one of these four trial
stations but has failed to touch-in/out at the other end then the £4
charge applies.

I saw the poster at Surrey Quays on the East London Line the other day.