Old October 19th 06, 01:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

In article , (Dave
Arquati) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Paul G) wrote:

and for a bit of a laugh you can use the TfL Journey Planner's
cycle tick box options. Most routes are slightly bizarre, I
suspect due to the weighting it gives to various road types, but
I did use it and find a lovely off-main-road route which I
probably wouldn't have found otherwise, for my daily commute.

I found it pretty useless for improving my long distance route,
from Westminster to Putney, to be honest. It either suggested
what i was already using or some strange and lengthy diversions.

Surely if it suggested a route you have found suitable, it has
accomplished its goal of highlighting the best ways to cycle from A
to B?

Maybe I didn't put that very clearly.

It only suggests one route. Parts are the same as I had worked out for
myself while other bits involve long and complicated detours, mainly
round Clapham Junction, that make little sense to me.

The reason I say that is that I've used some of the alternatives when I
actually wanted to go to Clapham Junction a couple of times so I had a
chance to compare some of them.

Basically I go along York Road and Battersea Park Road, much of which
has bus lanes or the odd cycle lane. Some is a signed LCN route.

--
Colin Rosenstiel