Old October 19th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

Neil Williams wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

The price you've quoted is for an standard day return, *not* a cheap
day return. This would only be issued for travel before 0930 on
weekdays. A zones 1-6 CDR Train/Tube fare is £5.70.

No, it isn't. A zones 1-6 CDR train *only* fare is 5.70 - they're in
separate tables. I have included the train-tube-train fares below, and
every one of the CDRs are nonsensical because the appropriate ODTC is
cheaper by quite a margin. Peak return 1-6 is gbp11.20 in that table,
which must also be approaching the Peak Day Travelcard fare.

Please see my abject apology elsewhere on this thread!

I completely agree, it appears on first glance (well, in my case second
glance - once I've worked out which table I should be looking at!) to
be totally nonsensical.