Old October 20th 06, 03:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Thameslink project (i.e. TL2K) gets legal & planning go-ahead

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Sky Rider) wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
[crossposted to uk.transport.london and uk.railway]

The Thameslink project now has all the legal powers to start
construction - it just needs someone to agree to pay for it!

According to the BBC a DfT spokesman said that a funding decision
would be made by *next summer*. It's all well and good having the
legal authority to do the work (although I must admit this is a
major step forward, and there will be no need for any further
public enquiries and the like, thank God), but I wouldn't hold my
breath.

They did say "at the latest". There is a suspicion that it will be
announced with the SOFA.

Well, that's where I always look when I'm short of cash.