Old October 20th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Call for Music Free London Buses

Ian Jelf wrote:

BC News at:

Just a little more info - a gent from Leyton has started an online
petition calling on TfL to ban the use of mobile phones to play music
out loud (note this is not against ringtones but specifically against
mobiles that are in effect mp3 players with speakers). The petition is
at:

http://www.hovis21.com/buses.html

I agree with him completely - I don't mind relatively loud
headphone-wearers or spirited conversation, but this new trend is
something that really riles. Of course one can - and indeed I have -
ask politely for it to be turned off, but such requests are often met
with an uncooperative response. If there was a well advertised rule
against this then that would help a great deal. I've just scanned the
TfL conditions of carriage and I can't find any existing rule that
deals with this.

Any future rule should of course deal with other non-mobile devices
that could have the same functionality.