Old October 21st 06, 07:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Welsby Ken Welsby is offline

Default Trouble finding a hotel!

On 2006-10-18 00:40:41 +0100, "Mark W. Shelby" said:

Hello, the wife and I are coming to London Nov. 2nd...
I am shocked at the price of hotels there!

It seems like every website I look at has "tourist" written all over
it. Is there a local hotel chain that I could contact or is there a
better way find a hotel in London that is not a rip off?

Also, If we stay in a suburb of London is there bus or tube service
into downtown?

Thanks in advance for the info!

There are several good-value chains - Ibis, Jurys and Premier are the
three that we use regularly.

www.ibishotel.com

www.jurysdoyle.com

www.premiertravelinn.com

There are also a couple of useful websites to try, including laterooms.com

As a guide, those just outside the central area will be cheaper - but
don't go too far out. Also, 06-09 November hotels in central and east
London are busy with visitors to World Travel Mart.

Hope this helps

Ken