Old October 21st 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] ashinmaracaibo@gmail.com is offline

Default Call for Music Free London Buses

Mizter T wrote:
That's the thing - it's not like the music is even any good, it is as
you say just the latest generic R&B to come out off the mass production
line, each track having had as much individual care paid to it as the
average tic-tac. In fact that analogy's crap - at least tic-tacs
freshen your breath.

I was once on a bus where two young guys were dissecting some 50-cent
tune where he talks about his life. Yes they were playing it out,
though it wasn't too loud and the bus wasn't at all busy - but on this
occasion the intensity and thought they put into discussing it was
fascinating to overhear. I'm not advocating that musical dissection
masterclasses happen on buses all over London, but if only everyone
were to pay this kind of attention to the music they listen to that
music might be a lot better - instead they prefer some moody tune to go
along with their moody attitude. Fools.

Actually I just recalled a slightly amusing anecdote. Once upon a
time, not so long ago, I was stuck at a particular station when the
points failed, as they do, and we couldn't do much but send people on
to the next station.

A group of young girls (maybe 13 or 14 years old) started playing that
nice underground song those doctors wrote (I think I'll write one about
doctors and MRSA some time...) and of course there's the bit at the end
where the lyrics state "they're all Wa***rs". Well, I sorted these
girls out, and got them on their way, and they said "you're not a
wa***r, you're a nice one".

Made me smile at the time, at least I'm doing my job well My
colleagues were going mad about the song!