Old October 21st 06, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Dr Zoidberg Dr Zoidberg is offline

Default Paul from SafeSpeed on BBC Breakfast today on Driving Offence Cameras

David from Oz wrote:
There was an item on driving offence cameras (e.g. box junction
offences, red light offences, right turn offences, bus lane offences
etc), as following successful trials in London they are now being
rolled out nationally. Paul from Safe Speed (a regular poster on this
group) was interviewed and argued against such measures stating his
view that that they did not *prevent * such offences, merely
*punished* but did not reduce the number of offices.

Hmmm , so an increased chance of being caught doesn't act as a deterrent at

I'd be interested to know what he would propose that could prevent someone
blocking a box junction.

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk