Old October 21st 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

wrote:

A bit of advance warning for those who haven't heard - from November,
if you use pre-pay Oyster, and you fail to touch in or out at any point
of your travels where you're supposed to do so, you will find yourself
being charged £4.00 for the incomplete journey.

All the signs up say this came in on October 10th.

As promised a photo of one of the aforementioned posters - this one was
at New Cross:

http://mizter.t.googlepages.com/Oyst...ber_poster.JPG

Note there's no information stating that this is a trial, and therefore
there's obviously no list of the participating stations.

Also whilst at New Cross I witnessed a slightly exasperated guy in the
ticket office trying to explain to two very vain Italian girls that
Oyster PAYG was no good for their mainline journey into Charing Cross.
They left saying "I don't want to buy a ticket, I pay at Charing Cross,
I pay at Charing Cross". He had tried.

I overhear such conversations on a very regular basis. And I often find
myself involved in such conversations with people I know one way or the
other where I have to correct their multiple misconceptions on how the
Oyster system works - and this state of confusion exists in the minds
of 'thoroughbred' Londoners as well as those less familiar with the
city.