Old October 21st 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve M Steve M is offline

Default Ease of interchange on the tube

wrote:
Does anyone know of a good resource for finding out the ease of
interchange between lines at London Underground interchange stations? I
happen to know, for example, that to change from the Victoria Line to
the Bakerloo line at Oxford Circus when travelling southbound is a
simple platform cross. But is there anywhere I can look up this sort of
information for all stations?

I am aware that the extendedness of blob gives a rough indication of
the interchange difficulty, but I would appreciate a pointer to any
website or publication which is a bit more thorough

Thanks!
MU

I think you want the "Way Out Tube Map" - it even tells you which
carriage to travel in for the shortest interchange!

There are a few of these cross-platform interchanges across the Tube
network. From memory...

Oxford Circus (Victoria to Bakerloo, NB and SB)
Stockwell (Northern to Victoria, NB and SB)
Highbury and Islington (NR to Victoria, NB and SB)
Baker Street (Bakerloo to Jubilee, NB and SB)
Euston (Northern Bank Branch to Victoria, NB and SB)
Finsbury Park (Piccadilly to Victoria, NB and SB)
Barons Court (District to Piccadilly, EB and WB)
Finchley Road (Metropolitan to Jubilee, NB and SB)
Kennington (Northern Bank to Northern CX, NB and SB)
Mile End (Central to District, EB and WB)

Are there any others I've missed (excluding the obvious joint running
lines such as round the Circle)?

Cheers

Steve M