Old October 21st 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Ease of interchange on the tube

wrote:
Does anyone know of a good resource for finding out the ease of
interchange between lines at London Underground interchange
stations? I happen to know, for example, that to change from the
Victoria Line to the Bakerloo line at Oxford Circus when travelling
southbound is a simple platform cross. But is there anywhere I can
look up this sort of information for all stations?

I am aware that the extendedness of blob gives a rough indication of
the interchange difficulty, but I would appreciate a pointer to any
website or publication which is a bit more thorough

Go to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/maps/ and look under Accessible Tube
maps. The Tube Access Guide and its index give information about
step-free interchanges. Not quite what you asked for, but it may help.

I thought there used to be a detailed guide to each station showing the
number of steps up/down for each entrance/exit/interchange, but I can't
find it on the TfL website.

Ah! Found it on my hard drive! It's an Excel spreadsheet (270KB) that
tells you, for example, that to get from the Piccadilly to the Victoria
line at Green Park, it's 19 stairs up, then a long subway, then 13 + 13
stairs down. I've had it since April 2005, but it appears to date from
about 2001. Does anyone know if there's an up-to-date version online?
--
Richard J.