Old October 21st 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
David from Oz David from Oz is offline

Default Paul from SafeSpeed on BBC Breakfast today on Driving Offence Cameras

nospam wrote:

"David from Oz" wrote:

Since my box junction offence fine (from the North Circular documented
on these groups) I have been extra vigilant to ensure I do not commit
further offences.

How many further offences did you intend to commit before you got fined? I
mean were you aiming at 4 or 5 a week and now that is down to zero or
something?

Apparently you were driving around with spare vigilance which you are now
applying to avoid minor traffic offences, don't you think that spare
vigilance would be better applied avoiding something of more consequence
like crashing and running over pedestrians?

So yes enforcement and fines will cause persistent offenders to change
their behaviour. Everyone else will carry on making the occasional mistake
but now they will get ****ed off, poorer, and probably more dangerous as
they devote a disproportionate amount of attention to avoiding offences of
little consequence.

You can read about my one (and only) offence here
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....2e88cb0d92173b
which was a result of me misunderstanding the rules on right turning at
box junctions.

I don't really follow your point on vigilance.

Cheers,

David