Old October 22nd 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Cross-River Transit questions

Tom Anderson wrote:
Morning all,

The discussion of the Northern line got me looking at the Cross-River
Transit proposals again. If this works, i think it'd be excellent, but i
have to admit i'm skeptical about the practicality of an on-street system
along some of London's busiest roads.

But, looking at this map:

http://www.crossriverpartnership.org...ge=1236&id=586

I wonder:

Have they got a convincing explanation of how they're going to do this
without getting fouled up in traffic?

Push all the traffic off the A4200?

Why does the King's Cross branch go the wrong way?

You mean why does it follow Crowndale Road and Pancras Road? Because
there's a road there?

Why does the Brixton branch go via Lambeth North rather than Elephant?

because it follows the A23? Look at a map to see where the A23 goes

Oh, and what is this 'London University' next to Euston,

Looks like University College London to me with Birkbeck nearby as well
as SOAS and the ULU building which is in Malet Street.

and isn't Albert Square on the District line, not down south?

No it's in Elstree which is just north of Edgware.