Old October 22nd 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anonymouse Anonymouse is offline

Default Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:41:05 +0100, Stevie D wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

snipp-ex

Did you not read the press release? Fares are not - on average -
increasing.

That depends how they calculate the average.

I can well believe that, if you write down all the different
combinations of fares before and after the change, and take the mean
or median difference, it will be close to zero.

I can equally well believe that most of the fares that they are
reducing are sold in very small numbers, and most of the fares that
they are increasing are sold in very large numbers - so the average
fare paid will be substantially higher under the new scheme.

You might be able to believe that but do you have any evidence?