Old October 10th 03, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
JohnB JohnB is offline

Default Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

Depresion wrote:

"JohnB" wrote in message ...

So where is the airport in Bruges and what's the flight fare?

The airport is "Ostend Bruges International Airport" about 15 - 20 miles out
(depending on where in Bruges you are), not far in a hire car, Ryanair is
offering it for 99p out and £9.99 return flying out on a Wed and back the
following Fri or 99p each way on the Thur plus taxes brings it to a total of
£22.83 per person. (I probably wouldn't fly with them but they have an easy
booking service for price checks.)

London - any station in Belgium is £159 for 2 adults 4 children, an average of
£26.50. I also don't need to book 14 days in advance.

From home it takes not much more than 4 hours and costs a total of 210.50 with
the easy crossing of concourses in Waterloo and Brussels and average of just £35
each return.

Stansted is a four hour train journey to start with and would be £80 return for
the 6 of us, so total fare of £228.98 is higher and journey time would be 50%
plus longer and there would be the hassle of crossing London and getting from
Ostend/Bruges airport to our chosen destination.

I am aware that air and car travel can sometimes be better in certain
circumstances, but in this case its not.

John B