Old October 23rd 06, 01:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Stratford Regional

Tristán White wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

The link below provides recent (09/06) info about TfL current
proposals for Stratford Regional, the existing domestic station,
following the forthcoming DLR changes. There are now additional
platforms for the NLL, major changes to the subways, ticket halls, and
an additional westbound Central line platfom allowing exit on both
sides of the train.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/initiative...ord/scheme.asp

Might be more logical to renumber the platform faces 1-19 though!

Hope it is of interest

What ****es me off most is when you want to go from Stratford to Liverpool
Street and you have to choose between platforms 5 and 10 (so far apart).

I think it's 9, but it's the same island, far from platform 5.

I don't suppose there's any way that the new scheme will mean that all the
trains that do this last stop of the route will end up at the same
platform, is there?

Nah, just get the Central Line.

This reminds me of a time under FGE when I was getting a train the
other way which was shown on the screen as running from platform 10,
but when I got there I noticed that there were some of those yellow
things with red lights on the track just beyond the platform.

I went to platform 8 where some staff were, and they apparently had no
idea about it, although the blocks must have been there for several
hours (it was late morning). Next thing is they are announcing the
train as about to arrive at platform 10 (pretty sure it was a local
announcement).

Being dubious about this, I decided to head for the train arriving at
platform 8, but many people were still on platform 10. The
announcement of the platform change was made just as the train left,
with me on it and everyone else still on platform 10.

At a station where announcements are made claiming that trains are
running on tracks that have been physically blocked all morning, I
don't think there's much hope of ever knowing where to stand.