Old October 23rd 06, 01:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Stratford Regional

In message , at 14:42:45 on
Mon, 23 Oct 2006, John Salmon remarked:
I don't suppose there's any way that the new scheme will mean that all the
trains that do this last stop of the route will end up at the same
platform, is there?

Of course not. The last reorganisation of the tracks and platforms at
Stratford was done with the specific purpose of allowing trains on the main
lines to call there. Before that, "all the trains that do this last stop of
the route", as you put it, did call at the same platform, while others
(including some that now stop) went past on a non-platform line.

Is this a classic case of "be careful what you wish for"?

"I want more trains to stop at Stratford"...

"... but I didn't expect that to be delivered by two platforms half a
mile apart".