Old October 23rd 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Stratford Regional

Peter Masson wrote:
"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message
Paul Scott wrote:

and an additional westbound Central line
platfom allowing exit on both sides of the train.

Presumably the best way they can see to reduce overcrowding on the 3-5
island. On the NR side the platform space is scarily narrow and very
difficult to move along at peak hours.

It looks as though it will give much better interchange from the westbound
Central Line to DLR (to Poplar, etc, when DLR moves to its new platforms),
Jubilee Line, DLR (Stratford International - Canning Town line) and buses,
while retaining good interchange from the Shenfield line to the Central
Line.

This must be the first LU example of two platform faces for capacity
reasons rather than for terminating trains (DLR already offering both
intentions in the same station at Canary Wharf).

Being unfamiliar with Stratford, I'm trying to understand the level
changes in the diagram. My impression from the diagrams is that
currently access to the Jubilee line is directly from the existing
ticket hall, but access to the current NLL/new DLR cannot be, because
the tracks pass over the hall. So how do you reach the new DLR platforms?

--
Dave Arquati