Old October 23rd 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Stratford to North Woolwich

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ps.com...

As you possibly know already 10 December is the date when the GB
railway timetable change happens - the NLL Stratford to North Woolwich
service didn't have to be withdrawn when the timetable change happens,
but it's a convenient, 'natural' break point.

The second Travelwatch page you give (id=2085) - the proposed closures
notice on a teal background - was displayed as a poster at all North
London Line (NLL) stations in November/December 2005.

On a fairly recent journey on the NLL from Custom House to Stratford I
looked out for but didn't see any information about the withdrawal of
service. Perhaps that's changed - I'd imagine Silverlink is obliged to
put up some kind of notice near the time, and it would be common
courtesy for them to do so to anyway! I may be down that way later this
week - if so I'll look out for any new information on display.

I was on the section between Canning Town and Stratford a few weeks ago too,
again nothing to see. There never seems to be an intermediate stage where
they 'announce' the decision that has been made following the 'proposal'.

Paul