Old October 10th 03, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
W K W K is offline

Default Britains Crap Roads, Answers wanted

"Depresion" wrote in message

There fair from my local station (when it reopens) starts from about £70

per
person if I book well in advance don't mind not arriving till the mid

afternoon
(if the trains are on time) and doesn't garnetee a seat. That's a lot more

than
a return flight to Paris from my local airport.

Thats rubbish.

Perhaps you have easyjet flights, booked well in advance at an inconvenient
hours.
But, try it at a weekend and it'll be 70 quid if you book well in advance in
winter.
OTOH business hours flights on BA will cost over £200

Also: train fares.
Choose the journeys you say, and I'd guess you can get to london from
scotland for less than 40 quid.