Old October 24th 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Paul from SafeSpeed on BBC Breakfast today on Driving Offence Cameras

Brimstone wrote:
Alistair J Murray wrote:
Brimstone wrote:

[...]

Two oprtions:-
1) Comply with the speed limit.
2) Give up driving completely.

Three options:
3) Don't elect nasty control freak ******* to anything.

If it was the case that it was only our elected representatives (I use the
term loosely) who were responsible for such things you might have a point.

If there were an option to vote in one government to run the roads and
one to run the rest of the economy then bring the Tories back just for
their roads policy, at least for how it was in the 1990s when they were
actually in the process of making the A406 into a decent
grade-separated dual-carriageway and didn't quite get the chance to
finish the job.