Old October 24th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default "Khyber Pass" opens tomorrow

I never really understood why we keep left in corridors and right on
escalators. Must confuse the hell out of the tourists.

ISTR reading somewhere that it's because most people are right-handed,

I wonder why it's different for corridors and stairs? I guess it doesn't
matter as the escalators feed the corridors on the left sides.

I expect in the old days when everyone wore bowler hats anyone bumping into
each other would apologise Cholmley-Warner fashion rather than dissin ya
wiv da teef suckin ting