Old October 25th 06, 02:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default New online "Single fare finder" for Tube & DLR

On 24 Oct 2006 17:38:01 -0700, Mizter T wrote:

The following journeys also reputedly cost £1.50 despite the fact they
take in zones 1 and 2:

-----
Stockwell - Pimlico
Kennington - Charing Cross/Bank

Highbury & Islington - KXSP
Kentish Town/Chalk Farm - Warren Street

Bethnal Green - Bank
Stepney Green - Liverpool Street/Tower Hill

Swiss Cottage - Baker Street
Maida Vale - Baker Street
Kilburn Park - Edgware Road
-----

I could go on. But I won't. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to
provide the LU definition of a 'short journey' so we can all share in
the secret!

From your examples, I'd guess that any journey under 2 miles that
crosses the Z1/2 boundary is charged at the Z1 fare.