Old October 25th 06, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] fjmd1a@gmail.com is offline

Default Stratford to North Woolwich

Paul G wrote:
In message , Paul Scott
writes
I was on the section between Canning Town and Stratford a few weeks ago too,
again nothing to see. There never seems to be an intermediate stage where
they 'announce' the decision that has been made following the 'proposal'.

Would I be jumped on for saying Silverlink never cared too much about
the Canning Town to Woolwich part anyway? They rarely put forthcoming
engineering announcements or special timetables out even when it
affected stations the immediate section of the line.

Its a great shame that a useful rail link is being closed. When I
travel on it, it often seems fairly full, certainly there are less well
used routes.

The main problem is it has been ignored. The Canning Town interchange
hasn't been encouraged. The fact that Silver Town is almost on top of
the airport, was never really made clear (its closer than many stations
are to their airports in terms of distance).

The replacement is a toy railway that resembles a switchback when
riding it (even the Victoria line is more comfortable a ride), which
does not have through routes to North London (useful for me and many
others), and which is rather slow. Not encouraging.

Francis