Old October 25th 06, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Do cabbies own the road?

"Boltar" wrote in message
ups.com...
This morning I saw a black cab do a u-turn on a busy 4 lane road. And
not for the
first time. Previously I've seen them stop suddenly in a red route to
pick up a fare,
sometimes blocking the road, cut up other drivers, jump red lights and
almost run
down some pedestrians. What is it about these guys that they think the
rules of
the road don't apply to them? Is it some macho compensation for having
to drive
around in a car that going by looks should have Noddy at the wheel? Or
are
they (as I suspect) just a bunch of arrogant b*stards who don't give a
damn
about anyone or anything else on the road?

And I've seen some private cars do all of the above... bang goes your
"noddy" theory...

B2003