Old October 25th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default New online "Single fare finder" for Tube & DLR

On 24 Oct 2006 17:38:01 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

The following journeys also reputedly cost £1.50 despite the fact they
take in zones 1 and 2:

-----
Stockwell - Pimlico
Kennington - Charing Cross/Bank

Highbury & Islington - KXSP
Kentish Town/Chalk Farm - Warren Street

Bethnal Green - Bank
Stepney Green - Liverpool Street/Tower Hill

Swiss Cottage - Baker Street
Maida Vale - Baker Street
Kilburn Park - Edgware Road
-----

I could go on. But I won't. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to
provide the LU definition of a 'short journey' so we can all share in
the secret!

These fares have existed for years - there is no great surprise as they
are a reasonable way of avoiding people being charged excessive fares
for short distance cross boundary trips. There is (was) a famous 3 zone
one on the West Ruislip branch - err let's see Northolt - Hanger Lane I
think which was charged as 2 zones. Given the current fares it doesn't
apply any more.
--
Paul C