Old October 25th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Stratford to North Woolwich

Barry Salter wrote in news:ehoiuj$oia$1
:

SNIP
The only times it seems to suggest using Silverlink are if you put a
Silverlink Station in as the origin...And even then it says to change

the DLR at Canning Town.

Not surprised. The Silverlink seems to not work well on the Journey
Planner website, I've been complaining about that since it started.

Want a proof? Try typing in

tomorrow 26 October, 13:10

STATION START: CANNING TOWN
STATION END: CAMDEN TOWN

Now, the Silvelink does it in 26 minutes.

But the first option given is a journey involving two two journeys
(Jubilee to London Bridge, London Bridge to Camden Town) and then a bus
journey (Camden Town to Camden Road).
Total: 48 minutes.

It even chooses a route starting at 12:59!

So complete and utter ********.

You and I know that the Silverlink is the best service, yet it decides
that it's the second best.

There is a bias about the Silverlink south of Stratford on the site. It
even gives as an option waiting 18 minutes (why?) for a Jubilee Line,
missing the Silverlink from Canning Town and then getting the later
Silverlink from Stratford.

As you can see, the website is clueless about the Silverlink. If this is
the data they rely on when trying to decide whether or not to close part
of a service, no wonder they decide to close it down. I bet you those
that make the decision don't live in Canning Town and use the line
themselves, but probably in some nice big house somewhere greener.

****'em. I have never ever been approached or asked or polled about my
decisions on that line or any line. I have never seen a poster saying
"we are thinking about removing this section of the line, do you have
any feedback". Just a poster saying the section is being withdrawn and

I'm bitter about it. Very bitter.