Old October 25th 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default New online "Single fare finder" for Tube & DLR

Dave Arquati wrote:

Mizter T wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

(snip)

My original guess was that you were allowed two stops inside one zone
and one stop inside another, but that doesn't always work - as someone
else, said, it might be distance-based. I'll see if I find the reasoning
at work tomorrow.

Dave, you do realise what you're letting yourself in for by saying
things such as that, it's practically begging for trouble! Before you
know it you'll be regarded as a conduit between the mysterious
other-world of Windsor House and this rabble-rousing group, our guide
to the realm through the looking glass ;-)

You'll notice that I didn't commit myself to actually coming up with
anything - I only said that I'd see if I could find it, not that I
*would* find it. A useful skill I've learnt (see also, "We're going to
fund a study into Crossrail" != "We're going to build Crossrail").

Paul knows more about fares than I do anyway [points finger and runs].

Ha ha, I've got you running scared now! Being serious for a moment, I'm
certain I'm not the only one on this ng who appreciates the insider
viewpoint and the occasional morsel of authoritative information that
comes from the inside (my point is put incredibly clumsily as, apart
from anything else, I don't wish for a second to suggest anyone is
saying anything they shouldn't be saying - as they're obviously not).

Unfortunately for Paul Corfield I already have his card marked as the
fares guru, and there are many ticketing queries and mysteries I've yet
to bore him with!